By now your garden honey-do list is probably getting pretty long, but if you haven’t done it yet, now is the absolute best time to propagate perennial herbs and flowers through cutting, layering and division. Vegetative propagation is best achieved during periods of active growth such as spring and fall, with spring being the best season overall. During this time the plant is filled with growth hormones in the stems and roots, and you can take advantage of those natural growth stimulators to multiply your mature plantings. This article on herb propagation comes from my book, The Healing Power of Kitchen Herbs. Continue reading
Become A Fan
The Show Me Oz Community
- Tree Bombs and Praying Mantises wp.me/p15BGc-1e7 1 day ago
- Nature Notes: Sinkholes and Springs in the Ozarks wp.me/p15BGc-1dN 1 week ago
- Entocuisine: A Passion for Wilder Edibles wp.me/p15BGc-1du 2 weeks ago
- Multiply Your Plants the Cheap and Easy Way! wp.me/p15BGc-1d8 3 weeks ago
- Seed Saving Time: Ripe Seeds and the Float Test wp.me/p15BGc-1cG 1 month ago
Save GMO-Free Garden Seed!
Wild Edibles, Nature, Homesteading & More
Your Herb Garden Can Heal! Learn how to grow and use common kitchen herbs!