By now your garden honey-do list is probably getting pretty long, but if you haven’t done it yet, now is the absolute best time to propagate perennial herbs and flowers through cutting, layering and division. Vegetative propagation is best achieved during periods of active growth such as spring and fall, with spring being the best season overall. During this time the plant is filled with growth hormones in the stems and roots, and you can take advantage of those natural growth stimulators to multiply your mature plantings. This article on herb propagation comes from my book, The Healing Power of Kitchen Herbs. Continue reading
Become A Fan
The Show Me Oz Community
- 10 Easy Steps to Using Herbs Wisely wp.me/p15BGc-17m 4 days ago
- Songkran: A Thai New Year Celebration – Part II wp.me/p15BGc-17g 1 week ago
- Songkran: The Water Festival – Part I wp.me/p15BGc-17a 2 weeks ago
- Granny Women and Biopiracy wp.me/p15BGc-16l 3 weeks ago
- Seed Saving Time: Spinach wp.me/p15BGc-12u 2 months ago
Save GMO-Free Garden Seed!
Wild Edibles, Nature, Homesteading & More
Your Herb Garden Can Heal! Learn how to grow and use common kitchen herbs!