Jill Henderson – Show Me Oz
If you are like me, you love squash. I particularly enjoy rich, meaty winter squash and every year I endeavor to have lots of them stored up for the winter larder. The only problem I have with growing squash are the dreaded squash bugs – SB’s for short. And in last week’s article, I covered most of the traditional and non-traditional ways to control squash bugs organically, including growing the one species most resistant to the effects of squash bugs. And this week, I’m going to share with you a nifty trick that I came up with to very nearly (I don’t want to say entirely, as I am a humble gardener, after all) obliterate SB’s from my squash patch! And you can, too!
Become A Fan
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically–A Simple Solution
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free!
- Squash and Cucumbers: All Flowers and No Fruit?
- Itching for Summer – Dealing with Chiggers!
- The Truth About Cancer
- Dandelions: Love Your Weeds!
- Seed Saving Time: Radishes
- When the Rain Crow Calls
- The Homeplace: Fragments from the Past
- Wild Walk: Heal-All (Prunella vulgaris)
- Wild Walk: Cream Wild Indigo
- Navigating Before Google Maps
- Flycatchers: The Gardener’s Friend
- Seed Saving Time: Flowers and Pollination
- A New Way to Grow Sweet Potatoes Slips
- The Terrace Project: Year Five
- Garden Time: Common Herb Diseases
- Garden Time: Watch Out for Early Garden Allies!
- Wild Walk: Wild Blueberries
- How Big Will Those ‘Maters Get?
- A Journey of Seasons
- Nature Notes: Exploring the Great Sleep
- Ozark History: The First Inhabitants
- Black Cumin: The Blessed Seed
- Seeds of Significance – OP Seed Sources
- Nature Notes: Milkweed, Monarchs and You!
- Winter Wonder: The Lenten Rose
- Seed Saving Time: Testing Germination Rates
- Healthful Ginger for the Holidays
The Show Me Oz Community
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically–A Simple Solution showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/07/23/con… https://t.co/C7IL6pOtCA 5 days ago
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/07/14/con… https://t.co/TUnocmWr9n 2 weeks ago
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free! showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/07/07/dry… https://t.co/8ZSThYl7ij 3 weeks ago
- Squash and Cucumbers: All Flowers and No Fruit? showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/07/01/squ… https://t.co/MiOfyesXrU 3 weeks ago
- The Truth About Cancer showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/the… 1 month ago
Learn to Save Seed!
Wild Edibles, Nature, Homesteading & More
Get the most from your herb garden! Learn how…