By Jill Henderson – Show Me Oz
. . . .
Sweet potatoes are an ancient food crop; a staple that has sustained and nourished mankind for thousands of years. Highly nutritious, sweet potatoes are the seventh most important food crop in the world. Throughout the ages these sweet, orange, red and sometimes golden roots were valued so highly by early man, that they were often used as a form currency and as a token of friendship between cultures. Today, this weirdly-shaped “potato” is making a comeback with home gardeners – and for good reason. Continue reading
Become A Fan
The Show Me Oz Community
- Seed Saving Time: Harvesting Dry Seeds showmeoz.wordpress.com/2015/08/24/see… http://t.co/9g9APuVk3t 1 week ago
- Buck: A Short Story (part two) showmeoz.wordpress.com/2015/08/16/buc… 2 weeks ago
- Buck: A Short Story (part one) showmeoz.wordpress.com/2015/08/08/buc… 3 weeks ago
- Make Your Own Garlic Braids in 10 Easy Steps showmeoz.wordpress.com/2015/07/30/mak… 1 month ago
- America’s Native Bamboo – Part II – Identification and Culture showmeoz.wordpress.com/2015/07/15/ame… http://t.co/Grm2555nCl 1 month ago
Save GMO-Free Garden Seed!
Wild Edibles, Nature, Homesteading & More
Your Herb Garden Can Heal! Learn how to grow and use common kitchen herbs!