By Jill Henderson – Show Me Oz
. . . .
Sweet potatoes are an ancient food crop; a staple that has sustained and nourished mankind for thousands of years. Highly nutritious, sweet potatoes are the seventh most important food crop in the world. Throughout the ages these sweet, orange, red and sometimes golden roots were valued so highly by early man, that they were often used as a form currency and as a token of friendship between cultures. Today, this weirdly-shaped “potato” is making a comeback with home gardeners – and for good reason. Continue reading
Become A Fan
The Show Me Oz Community
- Wild Walk: Monarda showmeoz.wordpress.com/2015/07/01/wil… http://t.co/SmfqbezzEE 16 hours ago
- Lawnmowers and Strangers showmeoz.wordpress.com/2015/06/17/law… http://t.co/9Kr0OF1J53 2 weeks ago
- The New Nature showmeoz.wordpress.com/2015/05/27/the… http://t.co/UKdT50xRkC 1 month ago
- Seed Saving Time: What’s in a Name? wp.me/p15BGc-byy 1 month ago
- Garden Time: Walking Onions wp.me/p15BGc-bxi 1 month ago
Save GMO-Free Garden Seed!
Wild Edibles, Nature, Homesteading & More
Your Herb Garden Can Heal! Learn how to grow and use common kitchen herbs!