By Jill Henderson – Show Me Oz
. . . .
Sweet potatoes are an ancient food crop; a staple that has sustained and nourished mankind for thousands of years. Highly nutritious, sweet potatoes are the seventh most important food crop in the world. Throughout the ages these sweet, orange, red and sometimes golden roots were valued so highly by early man, that they were often used as a form currency and as a token of friendship between cultures. Today, this weirdly-shaped “potato” is making a comeback with home gardeners – and for good reason. Continue reading
Become A Fan
- Stair Building 101–Flanking Stones
- The Truth About Cancer Ultimate LIVE Symposium
- Fall Leaves: Good for the Garden
- How to Clean and Crack Black Walnuts
- Crafting Herbal Oils & Vinegars
- Super Quick and Easy Fruit Jam and Filling
- Yellow Birch Hobby Farm: Self-Reliant Homesteading
- Shiny Beetles, Square Tomatoes and Crafty Coons
- Healthful Horseradish
- Seed Saving Time: The Float Test
- Seed Saving Time: Watermelon
- Parsley: More Than a Garnish
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically–A Simple Solution
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free!
- Squash and Cucumbers: All Flowers and No Fruit?
- Itching for Summer – Dealing with Chiggers!
- The Truth About Cancer
- Dandelions: Love Your Weeds!
- Seed Saving Time: Radishes
- When the Rain Crow Calls
- The Homeplace: Fragments from the Past
- Wild Walk: Heal-All (Prunella vulgaris)
- Wild Walk: Cream Wild Indigo
- Navigating Before Google Maps
- Flycatchers: The Gardener’s Friend
- Seed Saving Time: Flowers and Pollination
- A New Way to Grow Sweet Potatoes Slips
- The Terrace Project: Year Five
- Garden Time: Common Herb Diseases
The Show Me Oz Community
- Stair Building 101–Flanking Stones showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/10/18/sta… https://t.co/mJuskwzbjQ 2 days ago
- The Truth About Cancer Ultimate LIVE Symposium showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/10/07/the… https://t.co/SGj5yjUbNb 1 week ago
- How to Clean and Crack Black Walnuts showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/09/30/how… https://t.co/CYO5HGIfr5 2 weeks ago
- Crafting Herbal Oils &@Vinegars showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/cra… https://t.co/gUQ6ZwGors 1 month ago
- Super Quick and Easy Fruit Jam and Filling showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/09/08/sup… https://t.co/xzt7FlO7q3 1 month ago
Learn to Save Seed!
Wild Edibles, Nature, Homesteading & More
Get the most from your herb garden! Learn how…