As we near the end of August I am so very thankful for a long and productive season in the garden. February is when we begin to dream about this day – planting seeds, rooting cuttings, planning rows. As always, a lot of work has gone into our small patch of organic Eden. Some days were happy, some were frustrating, others were just downright back-breaking. But in the end, lessons are learned, food is abundant, feeling thankful is prevalent and many, many a dawn has been spent simply inhaling the beauty of a garden in full swing. And so, as the gardening season here in Oz begins to wind down, I look back on the good, the bad, and the down right weird…
Become A Fan
- Fenugreek: The Forgotten Herb
- Eco-Alternative Farmsteading
- Bald Eagles on the Rise
- A Bygone Bee Gum
- Green in December
- The Ozarks: No Place Like Home
- Winter Seed Saving: Pumpkins and Squash
- Bamboo Goes Berserk
- Using Seed Screens to Save Better Seed
- Don’t Toss Those Mums!
- Stair Building 101–Flanking Stones
- The Truth About Cancer Ultimate LIVE Symposium
- Fall Leaves: Good for the Garden
- How to Clean and Crack Black Walnuts
- Crafting Herbal Oils & Vinegars
- Super Quick and Easy Fruit Jam and Filling
- Yellow Birch Hobby Farm: Self-Reliant Homesteading
- Shiny Beetles, Square Tomatoes and Crafty Coons
- Healthful Horseradish
- Seed Saving Time: The Float Test
- Seed Saving Time: Watermelon
- Parsley: More Than a Garnish
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically–A Simple Solution
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free!
- Squash and Cucumbers: All Flowers and No Fruit?
- Itching for Summer – Dealing with Chiggers!
- The Truth About Cancer
- Dandelions: Love Your Weeds!
- Seed Saving Time: Radishes
The Show Me Oz Community
- Fenugreek: The Forgotten Herb showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/02/03/fen… https://t.co/91oKjYDl5w 2 weeks ago
- Eco-Alternative Farmsteading showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/01/26/eco… 3 weeks ago
- Bald Eagles on the Rise showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/01/07/bal… https://t.co/1NnA0yvLbS 1 month ago
- A Bygone Bee Gum showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/12/23/a-b… https://t.co/p9YkVfgPjK 2 months ago
- Green in December showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/12/14/gre… https://t.co/p9JFIp1duK 2 months ago
Learn to Save Seed!
Wild Edibles, Nature, Homesteading & More
Get the most from your herb garden! Learn how…