The Ozarks are blessed with an abundance of wild food, including the oh-so-delectable black walnut. Each fall, the huge green fruits come crashing down into parks, yards, and a multitude of public spaces, making them easy game for any wild or urban forager. Indeed, why pay $5 for a 4 ounce bag of nutmeats when you’ve got black walnut trees around? That’s just nuts! The problem most people face isn’t acquiring enough nuts to make it worth their while, it’s the cleaning, cracking and picking that really gets them. So, if you’ve never done it before because you’ve heard how hard they are to deal with, I hope this post will make the cleaning, cracking and picking of black walnuts just a little bit easier.
- KAREN WASHINGTON, THE QUEEN OF URBAN AGRICULTURE
- Two New Pet Portraits
- Grassfed Bison Returns to South Dakota
- Pet Portrait Sneak Peek
- The Herbal Insectary (Part Three)
- The Herbal Insectary (Part Two)
- The Herbal Insectary
- Persimmon Pickin’ Time Part 2
- Persimmon Pickin’ Time Part I
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free!
- Winter is Perfect Time to Save Seed
- The Impossible GMO Bacteria Burger and Climate Change…
- Super Easy Refrigerator Jalapeno Slices
- Farming in a Changing Climate
- Richie Allen Show Interview on 5G
- Proof that Cell Phone Radiation is Known to be Dangerous to Human Health
- Nature to Nurture: Wolf Spiders
- Interview: The Danger of 5G
- Tea Time: A Modern Herbal Brunch (with recipes!)
- End of Summer Sale!
- Tea Time: Tea Around the World
- Tea Time: The History of Tea
- How to Save Broken Tomato Plants
- Acres USA
- Take Back Your Health – Detoxing from Glyphosate
- Saving Our Genetic Heritage One Seed at a Time (part 2)
- Agenda 21 is Here
- Saving Our Genetic Heritage One Seed at a Time
- Aluminum Toxicity and Your Health
- Spring Salebration!
The Show Me Oz Community
Seed Saving Made Easy!
Let’s Walk on the Wild Side!
Make the Most of Your Herb Garden
- Indian Bent Trees: History or Legend
- Wild Walk: Cooking with Persimmons
- Parsley: More Than a Garnish
- Black Walnuts: A Local Remedy
- Demystifying Tomato Sizes
- Heirloom Seed Sources
- Seed Saving Time: Spinach
- Garden Time: The Incredible, Edible Onion
- Take Back Your Health - Detoxing from Glyphosate
- Wild Food: Bearded Tooth Mushrooms