Last week, in Making Herbal Tinctures: Part I, we discussed the different types of solvents (menstruum) used to make high-quality herbal tinctures, including alcohol such as vodka, Everclear, brandy, and wine, as well as non-alcohol solvents like vinegar and vegetable glycerin. But choosing the right solvent is only a small part of the equation. Indeed, measuring your ingredients properly is the critical key to creating reliable and consistent tinctures.
- KAREN WASHINGTON, THE QUEEN OF URBAN AGRICULTURE
- Two New Pet Portraits
- Grassfed Bison Returns to South Dakota
- Pet Portrait Sneak Peek
- The Herbal Insectary (Part Three)
- The Herbal Insectary (Part Two)
- The Herbal Insectary
- Persimmon Pickin’ Time Part 2
- Persimmon Pickin’ Time Part I
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free!
- Winter is Perfect Time to Save Seed
- The Impossible GMO Bacteria Burger and Climate Change…
- Super Easy Refrigerator Jalapeno Slices
- Farming in a Changing Climate
- Richie Allen Show Interview on 5G
- Proof that Cell Phone Radiation is Known to be Dangerous to Human Health
- Nature to Nurture: Wolf Spiders
- Interview: The Danger of 5G
- Tea Time: A Modern Herbal Brunch (with recipes!)
- End of Summer Sale!
- Tea Time: Tea Around the World
- Tea Time: The History of Tea
- How to Save Broken Tomato Plants
- Acres USA
- Take Back Your Health – Detoxing from Glyphosate
- Saving Our Genetic Heritage One Seed at a Time (part 2)
- Agenda 21 is Here
- Saving Our Genetic Heritage One Seed at a Time
- Aluminum Toxicity and Your Health
- Spring Salebration!
The Show Me Oz Community
Seed Saving Made Easy!
Let’s Walk on the Wild Side!
Make the Most of Your Herb Garden
- Indian Bent Trees: History or Legend
- Wild Walk: Cooking with Persimmons
- Parsley: More Than a Garnish
- Black Walnuts: A Local Remedy
- Demystifying Tomato Sizes
- Heirloom Seed Sources
- Seed Saving Time: Spinach
- Garden Time: The Incredible, Edible Onion
- Take Back Your Health - Detoxing from Glyphosate
- Wild Food: Bearded Tooth Mushrooms