Jill Henderson – Show Me Oz – On the ridge behind my house is a small meadow encircled by towering trees. A short, but well-worn path leads to a small pond clinging to the steep slope. The pond is circled by a grotto of ancient oak trees with branches so big around they dwarf the trunks of almost every other mature tree on these 42 acres. As I sat and stared into the massive reaches of these ancients, I wondered why this handful of trees had been spared from the saws of men when so many on the property clearly had not. Obviously, the pond had been here a very long time – perhaps even as long as the trees themselves. And judging from their size, they had been there for about 200-250 years. It wasn’t long after that first encounter that answers to my question began to emerge from the land itself.
Become A Fan
- Moon Shine: Herbs of the Night (part 3)
- Moon Shine: Herbs of the Night (part 2)
- Moon Shine: Herbs of the Night
- Meat of the Matter – Peace Valley Poultry Relies on Community, Innovation
- Fenugreek: The Forgotten Herb
- Eco-Alternative Farmsteading
- Bald Eagles on the Rise
- A Bygone Bee Gum
- Green in December
- The Ozarks: No Place Like Home
- Winter Seed Saving: Pumpkins and Squash
- Bamboo Goes Berserk
- Using Seed Screens to Save Better Seed
- Don’t Toss Those Mums!
- Stair Building 101–Flanking Stones
- The Truth About Cancer Ultimate LIVE Symposium
- Fall Leaves: Good for the Garden
- How to Clean and Crack Black Walnuts
- Crafting Herbal Oils & Vinegars
- Super Quick and Easy Fruit Jam and Filling
- Yellow Birch Hobby Farm: Self-Reliant Homesteading
- Shiny Beetles, Square Tomatoes and Crafty Coons
- Healthful Horseradish
- Seed Saving Time: The Float Test
- Seed Saving Time: Watermelon
- Parsley: More Than a Garnish
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically–A Simple Solution
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free!
- Squash and Cucumbers: All Flowers and No Fruit?
The Show Me Oz Community
- Moon Shine: Herbs of the Night (part 3) showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/03/18/moo… https://t.co/1rJfl7SwO0 4 days ago
- Moon Shine: Herbs of the Night (part 2) showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/03/11/moo… https://t.co/XBXNDNfcLY 1 week ago
- Moon Shine: Herbs of the Night showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/03/04/moo… via @ShowMeOz 1 week ago
- Moon Shine: Herbs of the Night showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/03/04/moo… 2 weeks ago
- Meat of the Matter – Peace Valley Poultry Relies on Community,@Innovation showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/02/25/mea… https://t.co/QjZNbtQGjx 3 weeks ago
Learn to Save Seed!
Wild Edibles, Nature, Homesteading & More
Get the most from your herb garden! Learn how…