by Jill Henderson – Show Me Oz –Summer is a fabulous time to explore and hunt for wild edibles or to hike along a cool river, but people around these parts generally avoid venturing into overgrown and untamed places during the summer months because of the ticks and chiggers. How does one even begin to tell outsiders and visitors to our fair hills about the myriad of insects that inhabit our beloved Oz? I suppose if you’ve got a vicious sense of humor, you could just let them wade into the chest-deep grass and work it out later, because they’re not going to believe you anyway. Continue reading
Become A Fan
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically–A Simple Solution
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free!
- Squash and Cucumbers: All Flowers and No Fruit?
- Itching for Summer – Dealing with Chiggers!
- The Truth About Cancer
- Dandelions: Love Your Weeds!
- Seed Saving Time: Radishes
- When the Rain Crow Calls
- The Homeplace: Fragments from the Past
- Wild Walk: Heal-All (Prunella vulgaris)
- Wild Walk: Cream Wild Indigo
- Navigating Before Google Maps
- Flycatchers: The Gardener’s Friend
- Seed Saving Time: Flowers and Pollination
- A New Way to Grow Sweet Potatoes Slips
- The Terrace Project: Year Five
- Garden Time: Common Herb Diseases
- Garden Time: Watch Out for Early Garden Allies!
- Wild Walk: Wild Blueberries
- How Big Will Those ‘Maters Get?
- A Journey of Seasons
- Nature Notes: Exploring the Great Sleep
- Ozark History: The First Inhabitants
- Black Cumin: The Blessed Seed
- Seeds of Significance – OP Seed Sources
- Nature Notes: Milkweed, Monarchs and You!
- Winter Wonder: The Lenten Rose
- Seed Saving Time: Testing Germination Rates
- Healthful Ginger for the Holidays
The Show Me Oz Community
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically–A Simple Solution showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/07/23/con… https://t.co/C7IL6pOtCA 4 days ago
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/07/14/con… https://t.co/TUnocmWr9n 1 week ago
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free! showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/07/07/dry… https://t.co/8ZSThYl7ij 2 weeks ago
- Squash and Cucumbers: All Flowers and No Fruit? showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/07/01/squ… https://t.co/MiOfyesXrU 3 weeks ago
- The Truth About Cancer showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/the… 1 month ago
Learn to Save Seed!
Wild Edibles, Nature, Homesteading & More
Get the most from your herb garden! Learn how…