The clear, cool days of fall are perfect for wrapping up last-minute garden chores, such as winterizing perennial herbs, flowers and shrubs. It’s also a good time to cultivate existing garden beds or create new beds for spring planting. But there’s one chore in the fall that not everyone looks forward to – raking leaves. Sometimes there are so many leaves that homeowners spend weeks trying to get rid of the deepening piles. But instead of raking and burning, or bagging leaves for the garbage, consider putting your fall leaves to use in the garden as a protective, nutrient-rich mulch.
Become A Fan
- Stair Building 101–Flanking Stones
- The Truth About Cancer Ultimate LIVE Symposium
- Fall Leaves: Good for the Garden
- How to Clean and Crack Black Walnuts
- Crafting Herbal Oils & Vinegars
- Super Quick and Easy Fruit Jam and Filling
- Yellow Birch Hobby Farm: Self-Reliant Homesteading
- Shiny Beetles, Square Tomatoes and Crafty Coons
- Healthful Horseradish
- Seed Saving Time: The Float Test
- Seed Saving Time: Watermelon
- Parsley: More Than a Garnish
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically–A Simple Solution
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free!
- Squash and Cucumbers: All Flowers and No Fruit?
- Itching for Summer – Dealing with Chiggers!
- The Truth About Cancer
- Dandelions: Love Your Weeds!
- Seed Saving Time: Radishes
- When the Rain Crow Calls
- The Homeplace: Fragments from the Past
- Wild Walk: Heal-All (Prunella vulgaris)
- Wild Walk: Cream Wild Indigo
- Navigating Before Google Maps
- Flycatchers: The Gardener’s Friend
- Seed Saving Time: Flowers and Pollination
- A New Way to Grow Sweet Potatoes Slips
- The Terrace Project: Year Five
- Garden Time: Common Herb Diseases
The Show Me Oz Community
- Stair Building 101–Flanking Stones showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/10/18/sta… https://t.co/mJuskwzbjQ 5 days ago
- The Truth About Cancer Ultimate LIVE Symposium showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/10/07/the… https://t.co/SGj5yjUbNb 2 weeks ago
- How to Clean and Crack Black Walnuts showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/09/30/how… https://t.co/CYO5HGIfr5 3 weeks ago
- Crafting Herbal Oils &@Vinegars showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/cra… https://t.co/gUQ6ZwGors 1 month ago
- Super Quick and Easy Fruit Jam and Filling showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/09/08/sup… https://t.co/xzt7FlO7q3 1 month ago
Learn to Save Seed!
Wild Edibles, Nature, Homesteading & More
Get the most from your herb garden! Learn how…