Show Me Oz – People sometimes laugh when I tell them that I always know when spring is about to dawn on our Ozark homestead – even if it’s freezing outside. It’s not the weather, or the slight budding of plants that clue me in. And it’s not the warmth of the sun or my local weatherman, either. No, the way I know that spring is on it’s way is when I hear the first shrill song of the Eastern Phoebe (Sayornis phoebe). This slim, mousy-grey flycatcher with a creamy-colored belly and a big voice has a penchant for perching on low, leafless branches and compulsively wagging its long tail up and down. And it’s one bird that every gardener should hope for.
Become A Fan
- Healthful Horseradish
- Seed Saving Time: The Float Test
- Seed Saving Time: Watermelon
- Parsley: More Than a Garnish
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically–A Simple Solution
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free!
- Squash and Cucumbers: All Flowers and No Fruit?
- Itching for Summer – Dealing with Chiggers!
- The Truth About Cancer
- Dandelions: Love Your Weeds!
- Seed Saving Time: Radishes
- When the Rain Crow Calls
- The Homeplace: Fragments from the Past
- Wild Walk: Heal-All (Prunella vulgaris)
- Wild Walk: Cream Wild Indigo
- Navigating Before Google Maps
- Flycatchers: The Gardener’s Friend
- Seed Saving Time: Flowers and Pollination
- A New Way to Grow Sweet Potatoes Slips
- The Terrace Project: Year Five
- Garden Time: Common Herb Diseases
- Garden Time: Watch Out for Early Garden Allies!
- Wild Walk: Wild Blueberries
- How Big Will Those ‘Maters Get?
- A Journey of Seasons
- Nature Notes: Exploring the Great Sleep
- Ozark History: The First Inhabitants
- Black Cumin: The Blessed Seed
- Seeds of Significance – OP Seed Sources
The Show Me Oz Community
- Healthful Horseradish showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/08/19/hea… https://t.co/G1NjlSg46U 6 days ago
- Seed Saving Time:@Watermelon showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/08/05/see… 2 weeks ago
- Parsley: More Than a Garnish showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/07/30/par… https://t.co/R0ybCwjID7 3 weeks ago
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically–A Simple Solution showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/07/23/con… https://t.co/C7IL6pOtCA 1 month ago
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/07/14/con… https://t.co/TUnocmWr9n 1 month ago
Learn to Save Seed!
Wild Edibles, Nature, Homesteading & More
Get the most from your herb garden! Learn how…