Today is one of those magical days that come about from time to time in the waning hours of November. The big winter sun hangs low in a crisp blue sky, warming the ageless rocks at my feet. The golden light of midday has taken on an ephemeral tenderness that highlights the sculpted edges of thousands of umber, scarlet and saffron-colored oak leaves whose active lives have come to the ultimate conclusion upon the bosom of the earth. In some sudden and mysterious way they are no longer leaves, but individual pieces of a naturally fantastic jigsaw puzzle just waiting to be pieced together.
Become A Fan
- Moon Shine: Herbs of the Night (part 3)
- Moon Shine: Herbs of the Night (part 2)
- Moon Shine: Herbs of the Night
- Meat of the Matter – Peace Valley Poultry Relies on Community, Innovation
- Fenugreek: The Forgotten Herb
- Eco-Alternative Farmsteading
- Bald Eagles on the Rise
- A Bygone Bee Gum
- Green in December
- The Ozarks: No Place Like Home
- Winter Seed Saving: Pumpkins and Squash
- Bamboo Goes Berserk
- Using Seed Screens to Save Better Seed
- Don’t Toss Those Mums!
- Stair Building 101–Flanking Stones
- The Truth About Cancer Ultimate LIVE Symposium
- Fall Leaves: Good for the Garden
- How to Clean and Crack Black Walnuts
- Crafting Herbal Oils & Vinegars
- Super Quick and Easy Fruit Jam and Filling
- Yellow Birch Hobby Farm: Self-Reliant Homesteading
- Shiny Beetles, Square Tomatoes and Crafty Coons
- Healthful Horseradish
- Seed Saving Time: The Float Test
- Seed Saving Time: Watermelon
- Parsley: More Than a Garnish
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically–A Simple Solution
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free!
- Squash and Cucumbers: All Flowers and No Fruit?
The Show Me Oz Community
- Moon Shine: Herbs of the Night (part 3) showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/03/18/moo… https://t.co/1rJfl7SwO0 4 days ago
- Moon Shine: Herbs of the Night (part 2) showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/03/11/moo… https://t.co/XBXNDNfcLY 1 week ago
- Moon Shine: Herbs of the Night showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/03/04/moo… via @ShowMeOz 1 week ago
- Moon Shine: Herbs of the Night showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/03/04/moo… 2 weeks ago
- Meat of the Matter – Peace Valley Poultry Relies on Community,@Innovation showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/02/25/mea… https://t.co/QjZNbtQGjx 3 weeks ago
Learn to Save Seed!
Wild Edibles, Nature, Homesteading & More
Get the most from your herb garden! Learn how…