I’ve spent the last 10 years writing feature articles for Acres USA magazine and this year, I focused my pen on profiling some of the most influential women in regenerative eco-ag. My June 2021 female-farmer profile features Mimi Hillenbrand of the 777 Bison Ranch in northwest South Dakota. Here in the dry short-grass prairie, Mimi and the Hillenbrand family have been raising genetically-pure American Bison for over 30-years using an impressive array of holistic, humane, and sustainable practices in what Mimi calls “a partnership with nature”. My article made the cover of the print edition, but you can read it for free at Acres Eco-Farming Daily online.
- KAREN WASHINGTON, THE QUEEN OF URBAN AGRICULTURE
- Two New Pet Portraits
- Grassfed Bison Returns to South Dakota
- Pet Portrait Sneak Peek
- The Herbal Insectary (Part Three)
- The Herbal Insectary (Part Two)
- The Herbal Insectary
- Persimmon Pickin’ Time Part 2
- Persimmon Pickin’ Time Part I
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free!
- Winter is Perfect Time to Save Seed
- The Impossible GMO Bacteria Burger and Climate Change…
- Super Easy Refrigerator Jalapeno Slices
- Farming in a Changing Climate
- Richie Allen Show Interview on 5G
- Proof that Cell Phone Radiation is Known to be Dangerous to Human Health
- Nature to Nurture: Wolf Spiders
- Interview: The Danger of 5G
- Tea Time: A Modern Herbal Brunch (with recipes!)
- End of Summer Sale!
- Tea Time: Tea Around the World
- Tea Time: The History of Tea
- How to Save Broken Tomato Plants
- Acres USA
- Take Back Your Health – Detoxing from Glyphosate
- Saving Our Genetic Heritage One Seed at a Time (part 2)
- Agenda 21 is Here
- Saving Our Genetic Heritage One Seed at a Time
- Aluminum Toxicity and Your Health
- Spring Salebration!
The Show Me Oz Community
Seed Saving Made Easy!
Let’s Walk on the Wild Side!
Make the Most of Your Herb Garden
- Indian Bent Trees: History or Legend
- Wild Walk: Cooking with Persimmons
- Parsley: More Than a Garnish
- Black Walnuts: A Local Remedy
- Demystifying Tomato Sizes
- Heirloom Seed Sources
- Seed Saving Time: Spinach
- Garden Time: The Incredible, Edible Onion
- Take Back Your Health - Detoxing from Glyphosate
- Wild Food: Bearded Tooth Mushrooms