One of the things I love about living the Ozarks is discovering places of exquisite natural beauty. Over millions of years this entire region was submerged in the warm shallow seas of the Paleozoic era before being uplifted by tectonic and volcanic forces. This cycle repeated itself many times over the course of thousands of years, carving out the hills and hollers we call the Ozark Mountains. Over the course of time, many of the plants and animals that once lived here became little more than geologic memories etched into stone. Yet, a few remnants of ancient wetlands still exist within the relatively dry and rocky Ozark highlands. They are known as Tupelo Gum Pond and Cupola Pond.
Become A Fan
- Fenugreek: The Forgotten Herb
- Eco-Alternative Farmsteading
- Bald Eagles on the Rise
- A Bygone Bee Gum
- Green in December
- The Ozarks: No Place Like Home
- Winter Seed Saving: Pumpkins and Squash
- Bamboo Goes Berserk
- Using Seed Screens to Save Better Seed
- Don’t Toss Those Mums!
- Stair Building 101–Flanking Stones
- The Truth About Cancer Ultimate LIVE Symposium
- Fall Leaves: Good for the Garden
- How to Clean and Crack Black Walnuts
- Crafting Herbal Oils & Vinegars
- Super Quick and Easy Fruit Jam and Filling
- Yellow Birch Hobby Farm: Self-Reliant Homesteading
- Shiny Beetles, Square Tomatoes and Crafty Coons
- Healthful Horseradish
- Seed Saving Time: The Float Test
- Seed Saving Time: Watermelon
- Parsley: More Than a Garnish
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically–A Simple Solution
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free!
- Squash and Cucumbers: All Flowers and No Fruit?
- Itching for Summer – Dealing with Chiggers!
- The Truth About Cancer
- Dandelions: Love Your Weeds!
- Seed Saving Time: Radishes
The Show Me Oz Community
- Fenugreek: The Forgotten Herb showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/02/03/fen… https://t.co/91oKjYDl5w 2 weeks ago
- Eco-Alternative Farmsteading showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/01/26/eco… 3 weeks ago
- Bald Eagles on the Rise showmeoz.wordpress.com/2017/01/07/bal… https://t.co/1NnA0yvLbS 1 month ago
- A Bygone Bee Gum showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/12/23/a-b… https://t.co/p9YkVfgPjK 2 months ago
- Green in December showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/12/14/gre… https://t.co/p9JFIp1duK 2 months ago
Learn to Save Seed!
Wild Edibles, Nature, Homesteading & More
Get the most from your herb garden! Learn how…