By now your garden honey-do list is probably getting pretty long, but if you haven’t done it yet, now is the absolute best time to propagate perennial herbs and flowers through cutting, layering and division. Vegetative propagation is best achieved during periods of active growth such as spring and fall, with spring being the best season overall. During this time the plant is filled with growth hormones in the stems and roots, and you can take advantage of those natural growth stimulators to multiply your mature plantings. This article on herb propagation comes from my book, The Healing Power of Kitchen Herbs. Continue reading
Become A Fan
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically–A Simple Solution
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free!
- Squash and Cucumbers: All Flowers and No Fruit?
- Itching for Summer – Dealing with Chiggers!
- The Truth About Cancer
- Dandelions: Love Your Weeds!
- Seed Saving Time: Radishes
- When the Rain Crow Calls
- The Homeplace: Fragments from the Past
- Wild Walk: Heal-All (Prunella vulgaris)
- Wild Walk: Cream Wild Indigo
- Navigating Before Google Maps
- Flycatchers: The Gardener’s Friend
- Seed Saving Time: Flowers and Pollination
- A New Way to Grow Sweet Potatoes Slips
- The Terrace Project: Year Five
- Garden Time: Common Herb Diseases
- Garden Time: Watch Out for Early Garden Allies!
- Wild Walk: Wild Blueberries
- How Big Will Those ‘Maters Get?
- A Journey of Seasons
- Nature Notes: Exploring the Great Sleep
- Ozark History: The First Inhabitants
- Black Cumin: The Blessed Seed
- Seeds of Significance – OP Seed Sources
- Nature Notes: Milkweed, Monarchs and You!
- Winter Wonder: The Lenten Rose
- Seed Saving Time: Testing Germination Rates
- Healthful Ginger for the Holidays
The Show Me Oz Community
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically–A Simple Solution showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/07/23/con… https://t.co/C7IL6pOtCA 1 day ago
- Controlling Squash Bugs Organically showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/07/14/con… https://t.co/TUnocmWr9n 1 week ago
- Drying Herbs Fast, Easy and Free! showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/07/07/dry… https://t.co/8ZSThYl7ij 2 weeks ago
- Squash and Cucumbers: All Flowers and No Fruit? showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/07/01/squ… https://t.co/MiOfyesXrU 3 weeks ago
- The Truth About Cancer showmeoz.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/the… 1 month ago
Learn to Save Seed!
Wild Edibles, Nature, Homesteading & More
Get the most from your herb garden! Learn how…